Top Toys of 2012? Parenting Mag Picks Best Toys With List
Top Toys of 2012 from the International Toy Fair as Reported by Parenting Magazine.
MUNCIE, IN - Looking for the best toys for Christmas 2012? Parenting magazine went to the Toy Fair International earlier this year and came back with their list of some of the Best New Toys of 2012. Here is some of their top toy list.
- VTech Switch & Go Dinos – A high-tech dinosaur, this is going to be a hit with those who love or obsess over dinosaurs.
- Jumbo ZIP-IT from Bananagrams – Jumbo sized Bananagrams for those who like things BIG. Great game that will provide hours of fun.
- Barbie Photo Fashion Doll – This is a new high tech Barbie that may interest some older girls.
- BBQ Blitz! – This is a fun and new board game based on a barbecue. Flip that burger! Quick!
- Sbyke S-16 – This cool scooter for older kids has an extra big wheel on the front to help with stability and also makes it look "cool."
- CitiBlocs Neon 100-Piece Set – Neon building blocks are pretty cool for those who like to build groovy things.
- Crayola Digital Light Designer – Crayola has finally brought coloring into the 21st century with this high-tech coloring system for artistic older children.
- Doodle Roll – Old toy with brand new packaging, but it’s sure to be a hit with the more creative kids.
- LEGO DUPLO Creative Sorter – This is quite clever and of course colorful as it is from Duplo. The parrot, elephant, and giraffe are just some of the shapes that kids can learn with this fun building set from Duplo.
- Discovery Bay Games Duo Pop – This hooks up to an iPad that turns the tablet into a gaming system.
- K’NEX Atomic Coaster – Build cool roller coasters up to 4 feet high with this building set that is new from K'nex. Expect it to be on a lot of Christmas lists this year.
- BuckleyBoo – Comes with 1,000,000+ free cuddles – as well as some learning opportunities. For younger children, it’s a good bet they may become quite attached to this toy and love whoever gave it to them a little bit more. The thing to this toy is the buckles which should intrigue and get your little one interested in learning how to operate them. All while still having a great cuddle buddy.
- Makedo Find & Make Plane – Want to teach your child to think Green and be able to make their own toys from scraps found around the house? This is a great way to give creative boys and girls a little boost when it comes to making some wild, wacky and cool planes of all types and sizes. This is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Oregon Scientific MEEP! – A tablet – like the iPad – for younger ones that’s safe for them to use. It’s a good way to get a youngster interacting with technology they are likely going to be using more and more as they grow up. These days, it’s not uncommon to see toddlers making calls to 911 or being able to operate the computer better than their parents occasionally.
- Little Kids No-Spill Bubble Machine – Bubbles and NO spills? What a great combination! Why didn’t they think of this before? Maybe they have, but this one has slick packaging and a decent price. You’re going to have to buy extra bubbles at some point most likely (or make your own with soap), but for some little kids it’s the coolest thing EVER!
- Nukotoys Monsterology NUKO – Collectible card games are still around and this may be one that your tween or teen boy or girl throws at you this Christmas. If you research it, you’re going to be able to know exactly what they want so you can hear their screams of delight as they rip open the packages on Christmas morning.
- Orbeez Magic Light-Up Globe – This is quite a bundle of fun in many different ways.
- PlaSmart PlasmaBike – Lean, mean riding machine for younger children. Very cool in many ways. This is a good transition bike from tricycle to bicycle.
- Playmobil E-Rangers Headquarters – Playsets are still a hit with some younger boys, and this one has quite a bit to go with it. You might be surprised by the price.
- Ravensburger Augmented Reality – A new kind of puzzle, you can bet a lot of kids are going to want to check this out on their own. It’s a great, non-violent toy for children of a lot of different ages.
- Rockboard Descender – All terrain skateboard!
- WePlay Rocking Bowl – Yes, it’s just a big bowl, but imagine the fun! Made to be safe and durable and easy to clean, you might be surprised at how big of a hit this toy is this Christmas.
- YBIKE Explorer – Move over Green Machine, there’s a new rover like vehicle powered by pedals for Christmas 2012. This would make a great surprise for a lot of younger boys.
- Imperial Toy Splat X Smack Shot – Souped up slingshot with LED display.
There are a lot of other toys that were announced earlier this year and some that are still set to be released before Christmas 2012. Stay tuned as we continue to list them all for you in an easy to read format!
Toy Trends in 2012
As you can see from some of the new toys released for 2012 earlier this year, there are quite a few tech toys. Still, classic toys are still being repackaged and resold again and again.