Popular 2012 Halloween Costumes for Boys, Girls, Men and Women
Best Unique and Homemade Halloween Costumes for 2012
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - If you drive down most commercial areas in Indiana, you will see quite a few signs that Halloween is almost here. From Batman to the Hulk to Korean pop-stars, there are quite a few choices you can make for your costume this year.
And if you have to come up with ideas for the whole family, it can be quite stressful. You want to listen to want your children want to be, of course, but if they're out of ideas or can't make up their mind, we have some costumes that you should definitely check out.
2012 Halloween Costume Ideas for Boys
Most boys will have already made up their mind who they want to be for Halloween this year, but if they're having trouble deciding, here are some ideas.
- Avengers - The new Avengers movie has quite a few superheroes to choose from for a Halloween costume. Whether it is Iron Man, the Hulk or any of the others, there are many of these costumes available out there. You do want to make sure that you pay a little extra to get something with the fake muscles so it looks great.
- Gorilla - This is a great costume idea for boys of all ages. This is one costume that never really goes out of style. Be sure to spend a little extra to get something that looks authentic. And have the child practice their gorilla noises - at least as much as you can handle that on a daily basis from now until Halloween.
- Banana - This is a funny costume that doesn't really go out of style either. You may spend a little more on a good costume, but if you take care of it, the costume can last for many years to come.
- Zombies - This is another classic that keeps on coming year after year. With shows like the Walking Dead, zombies are more popular than ever. It makes a great Halloween costume.
Halloween Costumes 2012 for Girls
- Monster High - The darker side of Barbie can be shown with a Monster High costume. You may be able to make one of these on your own by looking at pictures of the dolls, but there are a lot of inexpensive costumes out there you can buy.
- Pirate - This is usually a boys costume, but there is no reason you can't dress up as a female pirate. Not all girls are going to be into this idea, but some who think a little differently might love it.
- Princess - Thanks to Disney, there are a lot of princesses out there for little girls to choose from for their Halloween costume. For a twist, you can try to come up with a new Princess of your own - Princess Lily with a lot of flowers or Princess Kitty with a stuffed animal she can carry along.
- Cat Woman - There's no reason only the boys should be able to dress up as a superhero. These days, there are quite a few women superheroes that your little girl can dress up as for Halloween.
Best Halloween Costumes for Mom
Here are some Halloween costume ideas for Mom this year. Not all mothers like to dress up with their children for Halloween, but for those who do, we have some great ideas. We also have ideas that are a little more risque (Princess Leia Slave Costume!) for women who will be partying without children around.
- Katy Perry - Not all moms are going to be able to pull this off, but if you can, you should go for it. The wig is probably the most expensive part of the costume you will have to buy. There's a good chance you can throw something together for the rest of the costume.
- Katniss Everdeen -For mom's who love the Hunger Games - or that their children are reading them - may want to consider Katniss Everdeen from the books or the movies.
- 80's Flashback - Coming up with a character from the 1980s is not difficult. In fact, some mothers may find that they actually have enough old clothes to put together a convincing 1980s costume.
Cool 2012 Costumes for Dad this Halloween
For dads that are looking for a great costume idea, here are some options to consider this year.
- Obama - Why not go as President Obama? This is really easy to do. You basically need the mask and maybe a suit. If you don't want to dress up in a suit all day, you can make an Obama After the Election costume that has him dressing a little differently.
- Mitt Romney - It's also possible to easily get a Mitt Romney mask. Again, you will probably want to wear a suit if you want to go as the actual Mitt Romney, but you can have some fun with the outfit to make your costume a little less like the real Romney.
- Psy - This Korean rapper is hot right now thanks to Youtube. And while you may not know who he is yet and might get a few looks when you go out for Halloween, it can be a costume that's a little different. However, with the popularity of his Gangnam style, you may see this costume out there a lot this year.
- Elivis - This is another Halloween classic that isn't too difficult to put together. The more money you spend the more you are going to look like Elvis. However, a cheaper costume can work just as well if you get the voice and mannerisms down.
Here are some other Halloween Costume Ideas
|Hotdog Bunting Costume.jpg||13.76 KB|
|Boys Inflatable Sumo Wrestler Halloween Costume.jpg||12.8 KB|
|Kids Muscle Chest Captain America.jpg||16.3 KB|
|Toddler Plush Parrot Costume.jpg||21.3 KB|
|Justin Bieber Wig Kids.jpg||22.52 KB|
|Deluxe Abraham Lincoln Costume.jpg||5.78 KB|
|Supa Fro Child Afro Wig.jpg||19.8 KB|