Six Super Spooky Ways To Save on the Best Halloween Costumes for 2012
With economy still a little shaky for some, we have some fabulous tips for saving money on your 2012 Halloween Costumes
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Halloween 2012 is less than a month away and if you haven't already got your costume, you are probably interested in saving a little money. To help, we have some ways you can really save some money this year. In this day and age, there's nothing wrong with being a little tight with your money.
How to Save on 2012 Halloween Costumes
- Borrow - The first thing you can do is hit up your social network to see if any of your friends have a costume that you can borrow. You may have an older one that they can borrow. You get the idea. Doing this can really save some money as long as you can get something that your child likes.
- Reuse - Another thing to do is to re-use your own Halloween costumes from year to year. Your child may not be too happy with this, but if they get a bunch of candy out of the deal, you can probably placate them. Also, if you have more children, this may be even easier, of course.
- Thrift Stores - If you have a little bit of money to spend, try a local Goodwill or another thrift store. You may be surprised at what you can pick up. You are going to need to use your imagination to come up with a costume or theme, but this shouldn't be too hard. Your children - depending on their age - may even find this a cool adventure to have.
- Buy Online - While you can pay retail at one of the convenient Halloween stores that have popped up everywhere or go to a big box store, there is a good chance you can save a lot of money by shopping for Halloween costumes online. You need to act quick if you want to get it delivered in time, but you still have a chance.
- Homemade Costumes - Of course, you can also make your Halloween costumes from items you have around your home. You may have to invade the back of the closet or even the attic or another storage space, but there's a good chance you will be able to come up with something that is great.
- Buy Early - It is too late to do this for Halloween 2012, of course, but if you're smart, you can shop right after Halloween this year to get some GREAT prices as retailers try to get rid of as much stock as they can, lowering prices quite a bit. Then, you already have a costume for the next year. Of course, you may not get the hottest Halloween costume this way, but it works.
These are just basic ideas. Feel free to take them and run. When you use your imagination for Halloween, you can spare your pocketbook.